We had such a great day as a family yesterday, celebrating Valentine's day.
The day started with the kids waking up to a few little goodies on the table. They got their traditional gift of shoes (a tradition my mom and dad did for us that I have carried on into our family).
And then I made little journals for them and mini candy pails.
And then I made little journals for them and mini candy pails.
On Friday, the kids and I spent a good portion of the afternoon at the park. I was watching Maddy do a "trick" on something when I looked over and saw Bryson doing the monkey bars. I couldn't believe it. O.k., well really I could but I was still a bit taken back. He cruised right on through them. We had to go back to the park to show Daddy that Bryson could do the monkey bars all by himself. So, after doing a few valentine crafts and lunch, we took a walk up to the park. Stopping first to feed the ducks.


On the way back home, Bryson found a stick...well really it was more like a small branch, he drug alongside himself all the way back to the pond.
Why, you ask? Well so he could go fishing of course.
Yes, that ended in some disappointment. We ended the day decorating cookies and watching a Valentine Veggie Tales movie.
Thank you for the beautiful dozen red roses and box of chocolates! You three made me feel so loved!
I am so thankful for my 3 Valentines and the wonderful day we had together!
Thank you for the beautiful dozen red roses and box of chocolates! You three made me feel so loved!
9 comments:
Sounds like a sweet Valentine's day!
I think Bryson needs a real fishing pole for his birthday :).
Sounds like a perfect day for you & your Valentine's! Poor little fisherman - I agree with Andrea T - he needs a real fishing pole. ;)
What a fun valentines day. That is a great tradition of shoes. I never would have thought of that!!
It was a great day. I love you!
You are so crafty! Those journals and pails were awesome!
I think doing the monkey bars is an amazing accomplishment! I tried to do them like a year ago, and it HURTS! Way to go Bryson!
What a perfect day! We've been going on walks too, the weather has been so nice. I can't believe B, way to go!
What a FUN day!
Looks like a fun day! I'm glad they loved their shoes!
Looks like the perfect day! Love the gifts you gave them. So cute!
Post a Comment