May 12, 2010

A Fun and Quite Memorable Trip to the Zoo

Kelly decided this morning to take her kids on a mystery trip to the zoo and asked if we wanted to come along. I had already told Bryson we could go to the park but knew he would much rather go on the mystery trip so we of course accepted the invitation!

As we got closer to the zoo, Kelly started giving the kids clues as to where we were going. Bryson guessed it after a few clues. Totally surprised me because he has only been to this zoo one other time which was last year.

We were quite surprised to see the rest of the Valley there and once we found a parking spot past the paddle boats we began the hike over. The zoo was crowded with daycares and pre-schools but not so bad that it wasn't fun. And, by 12:00 it was like a ghost town.




The giraffes were quite hard to find today. Once we finally found them the kids were not so interested.It was much more entertaining to have a fake elephant pretend to sneeze on you.
I love this next picture although it was right before "the main event" that made this day so memorable. I let Kelly explain what that means.
Bryson's favorite animal exhibit is this large turtle/tortoise and it's the one thing he wanted to see. Last year it had got stuck on a rock and it was quite entertaining to all of us to watch him climb over it.
Maleigha was hilarious with the penguins. She'd back away like it was coming after her every time it came close.



Thanks Kelly for taking pictures. Not sure how my camera didn't make it in our bag but I am glad yours did! It was a fun morning...for the most part :)

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

What a fun middle of the week trip!

I love getting a family pass because then we can just pop in for an hour or so when we feel like it and not worry about leaving early if it's crazy town :).

Can't wait to hear about the main event :D.

amanda said...

I love the picture of all the boys looking in and M just standing there, what a cutie!
I talked to Kelly last night, my heart was racing just hearing about it!

Kimberly said...

This time of year really is the best time to go!