May 10, 2010

Mother's Day{S}


Yes, dayS. Mother's day spilled over into Saturday this year too. And, I must say, I love how it was planned.

Saturday morning started with my sisters, mom and I browsing through the Nampa Farmers Market. Take no offensive anyone but, it is by far better than the Meridian Farmers Market. I was quite turned off by farmers markets when I went to my first one last summer (Meridian Farmers Market). But, my opinion has totally changed this weekend. I want to bring Jeff and the kids back to the Nampa one.

Next we stopped by the Harringtons for their fundraiser yard sale. They were raising money to help with their trip to Ethiopia when they bring their little girl home. I had special privilege of a pre-sale (yes dad, PRE sale) on Thursday and Friday night but both Kim and Kelly were able to find a few treasures.

It was then to lunch at the delicious Souper Salad. I had never been there before but quickly decided that would not be my last time. I loved it! Thanks mom for treating us to a yummy lunch!! After lunch we ran over to Hobby Lobby where we bought our mom a shelf thingy she wanted. Lastly we wandered the aisles of Target for a bit and then went home.

It was a fun day. Kelly brought her camera along but sadly it did not get used. I made up for that on Sunday :)


Sunday I woke up to two little kiddos very excited to give me a special gift. With a little help from daddy, they picked out some perfume for me. It has been years since I have owned a bottle of perfume. It was a nice gift! We had gone to church Saturday night as a family but Jeff still had to go to the second service on Sunday to video. So, while he was at church the kids and I packed a picnic lunch. Actually the kids did most of it. I just made the sandwiches. We then met Jeff up at the park to eat. After lunch we walked down to the river. The kids had a blast throwing rocks into the river and trying to learn how to skip them.

Their attempts at skipping rocks resulted like this-

But we were quite impressed that daddy could skip a rock across the entire river.

After playing in the water for quite some time we walked over to the boat house and did the battle boats. They are always fun to do but my back is paying for it today. I don't know why but it always leaves me feeling like I have one big bruise going down my entire spine. Ok maybe it's because you lean against metal bars but it always seems that I am the only one affected. Anyways, it's worth it for the fun.

Maddy's feet don't reach the peddles while sitting on the seat so she decided to use her hands.
After our exercise (yes, those are exercise!) we headed home. But, not before enjoying my free ice cream cone from TCBY!
Yum!
Maddy kept saying throughout the day "this is the best Mother's day!" It was a fantastic day! Thank you Jeff, Maddy and Bryson for making it such a special day! You three fill my heart with happiness. I love you guys SO much!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That last picture makes me laugh. It's so uncharacteristic of what you usually do. :) I like how Maddy is still less than thrilled to be taking pictures. :)
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day but I'm sorry about your back. That's so weird.

Melissa said...

Wow, what great pictures on Mother's Day....please don't look at the two of mine! Looks like you had a super family day!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Sounds like a fun day :). I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy the sun and experience a REAL farmer's market. Eagle's is also very cute and downtown is the best, but SO crowded.

Happy Day!

amanda said...

What a great weekend celebrating! I love the pics of you and the kids, so sweet. Sounds like you were spoiled, as it should be!

Dad said...

So it wasn't really a pre-sale if things were actually for sale. What is really was is "pre-Saturday". And we already have words for "pre-Saturday". In your posting you called them Thursday and Friday.
Sorry, but I really hate the over-use and mis-use of the prefix "pre".

Kimberly said...

I have really wanted to try Souper Salad. In fact, that was my first choice for Mother's Day but it ended up not working out. Glad you liked it!