July 26, 2010

Summer is Slipping By...

We have done our school shopping, an adorable, new "first day of school" dress is hanging in Maddy's closet and lunch supplies are soon to be bought. With only 2 weeks and 1 day left of summer, I feel as if these lazy days are slipping through our fingers way too fast. I don't like it.

Last week we had a blast with my aunt in town. With Jeff gone to church High School Camp, it really made the week so much more enjoyable. We actually even got to visit Jeff up at camp one day. My mom wanted to take Aunt Brenda up to see McCall (where camp is) so the kids and I hitched a ride with them and got to spend the day with Jeff at camp while they explored McCall. Sure made me miss being up there as a counselor. The kids had a blast playing in the nasty lake and Maddy even got to go on her first jet ski ride. Bryson opted out.

We had so much fun last week and I have a bunch of pictures to sort through. I will get around to sharing more soon. Until then I have to share these two now. Enjoy the laugh...

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ha, I like how you said with Jeff being gone it made the week more enjoyable..I know what you meant but it sounds like you enjoyed it more since he was gone. :)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

HAHA :) ... That's how I read it too the first time, but knew what you meant ;).

I can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your fun week.

Poor Maddy ... life with a little brother. I'm sure the same can be said for Bryson with a big sister :).

amanda said...

It was fun chatting yesterday! Hope everything went well today and Happy (early) 10th anniversary. I think you should have me over to watch your wedding video. ;o)