The second big event for this super student was getting chosen for the schools virtue student of the month. This is an award not every student gets so it always brings out the pride in me (last year she got it for the virtue of compassion). This month the virtue was fairness. It is quite ironic when I first heard she was chosen because fairness was something we had been working on at home. We were going through a process of teaching the kids why it's not ok to say "not fair" because we were hearing that phrase a lot. I guess the lesson was sinking in with her :)
Tuesday was the assembly where she received her award. Carson also got the award for his kindergarten class. It was pretty cool to see both cousins get their awards. Congrats Maddy (and Carson)! We are so proud of you!


5 comments:
Way to go maddy. You know what I say, the fair only comes around once a year.
btw I love maddys hair, so cute!
Yay Maddy Lou! It was so fun that they got to do that together! :)
How exciting is that! That's gotta make you both feel good.
That is great Maddy. And you should be very proud! It's cool that cousins were both chosen. :)
Yea Maddy! What a fun family celebration!!
Happy Weekend!
Post a Comment