February 10, 2011

Valentine Crafting

It all started with this felt heart wreath

I liked it so much I added this to our table decor


Those balls of yarn peeking through in the above picture were inspired by Andrea at our craft night a few weeks ago.  Yes, I know, that frame would look better white.  I didn't have one and just stuck it in that brown one for the time being.  Then I forgot about it and never went and bought a white one.   

The crafting has continued unto this


I don't remember where I saw that idea.  Graham especially likes it.  Wish I had a picture of him getting caught licking it :) 

Love is continued through the house into the computer room where old pictures were replaced with some old scrapbooking stuff



Bryson, Graham and Maleigha helped me make these melted crayon hearts one day last week

Always a fun one for the kiddos. I do have to say though that I really dislike peeling wrappers off crayons. 

We made these little guys in Maddy's class this week for art (for the students parents).  They were a big hit! 

Kelly had given me a link to the idea awhile back and I have been so excited to do them.  Simply just 3 lunch bags folded and stapled together.  In the openings are 3 pieces of paper that you can pull out that answered "I love you because".   The pages in between were decorated with hearts and pictures the kids drew.  They turned out really cute. 

Last but not least, Maddy's class valentines


Brought the red, glittery embossing tools out again this year.  I found this little Martha Stewart kit of 24 of these boxes on clearance at Zurchers for $2. Who cares if they were meant to be wedding favor boxes.  I thought they would make a cute box to deliver a valentine treat.  I really do love traditional valentines but I love putting something unique together more :)

Oh and I also put together one of these again for Maddy's teacher


And, that's all.


8 comments:

Kelly said...

A: Whoa! A new post!

B: Good job! :)

Christy said...

Ha, i agree with Kelly!

And...holy moly I love all your crafts. I want to steal some of them for my house.:)

And...how could you not want to lick that!! You should give it to him for his birthday and let him have at it. :)

Melissa said...

Super cute decorations, I'm sad to say that I only have one valentine decoration up. I love them all, are you selling any of them?

chrisanna said...

You've done such a great job. I love it all! Thanks for sharing.

Dionna said...

Cute stuff!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

So much cute!! Love it all ... ;P.

Happy Weekend!

Kimberly said...

Hey, the candy topiary turned out good! Looks like you got the glue to work. And I have to find out where you got the pans to melt the crayons into hearts. I have been looking everywhere.

Angela said...

So adorable! Wish I was that crafty!