Seeing that Maddy didn't have school on Friday, we were able to head over Thursday night. Friday we visited Jeff's brother, Jeremy, at work, ate lunch with Mimi (Jeff's dad was sick so he stayed home) and just enjoyed a quiet, relaxing day. Although the wait for Belle and Maddy to get out of school was not fun to the kids. Janell also came in Friday night which was great. She did have to leave James at home because of work though. We missed seeing him.
Saturday we got up and went and watched Belle play and Maddy cheer for their Upwards basketball teams. It was so fun to watch them!
They both did great! We lost count as to how many baskets Belle made. I am so thankful we got to go support them.
The highlight of the weekend for the kids: finally being able to exchange Christmas gifts!
The kids were blessed with a bunch of new toys! As you probably guessed, Saturday afternoon was spend playing with all those new toys! I don't think we adults moved from that room for a few hours and just enjoyed sitting around talking.
Saturday night while the kids were watching a movie, we gathered around the kitchen table playing games. It was a blast! As the night wore on, kids were put to bed, Jeremy and Kelsey went home and just four of us (Me, Jeff, Janell and Joyce) were left to play cards late into the night. We had so much fun!
Sunday came and it was time to pack up and head home. Always the worst part of the trip. And, it gets harder and harder the older the kids get. I have heard from both of them, several times each day we have been home "I want to go back to Mimi and Papa's".
Thanks everyone for a fantastic weekend filled with great memories!!





5 comments:
I'm so glad it finally worked out ... but such a bummer that they are that far away! But way to make the most of all of your little bit of time ;).
It's only four hours! You should go more! Four hours is nothin'! :)
I'm glad the roads finally cleared and it finally worked for you to go have fun!
A second Christmas sounds fun right now, so does a little get-away. Happy to hear you had a good time.
I'm so happy you guys were finally able to make a trip there. Sounds like a fun-filled weekend!
Cute banner! Now where's the new post?
Guess I should comment on this one before I give you a bad time.
looks like a great time. Isn't nice having cousins the same age. The girls love it!
Post a Comment