Now, I am putting myself in a complete humble state when showing you this before picture. Granted, this is the pantry at it's absolute worse. I will admit it was never really organized but it had gotten pretty bad. Ok, really bad. Just plain disgusting. O.k. here it is
"Do not judge others and you will not be judged" Matthew 7:1
Moving right along...
Bryson was a great help at emptying the disgusting pit out. We emptied every last crumb out of there. Once everything was out I noticed the contact paper we had on the shelves needed to come out. Bummer. I wasn't prepared for that. The mention of having to go to the store literally brought B to tears. He loathes going to the store. So I thought "really, who puts contact paper on their shelves anyways? I will just tear this out and not put any back". We ripped it all out and there sparkled the 6 1/2 year old paint without one little scratch on it. Dang. Stupid new contact paper is going to have to go in.
So now comes the bribing to get a sobbing 5 year old to accompany me to the store. He was going either way, I was just trying to make it a better experience for him. He was a huge help to me after all. "Hey B, we can stop and get Sonic on the way home!" B-"no". "How about I let you pick out a new hot wheel?" B-"no". "Gum...candy...any treat you want (under $1 :D)" B-"no". Seriously, that is how much he hates going to the store. And then I remembered how much he loves using our new steam mop. "I know, when we get back I will let you mop out the pantry with the new mop" B-(with eyes lit up and a frown turned upside down) YEAH!!!". Seriously?!
45 mins later we were home with a new hot wheel, a green apple slush from Sonic and ready to reline the shelves and mop.
Finally, at about 8:30 that night, this is what our pantry looked like
:)
That...makes me happy. Really happy. (I think it even looks better in person)
I really wanted to have matching containers throughout the entire pantry but decided to be frugal and just use baskets from around the house that weren't being used. My ultimate goal was to have everything sectioned off and organized and mismatched baskets did the trick just fine.
And nothing on the floor. Well, except the box of garbage bags behind the trash can.




9 comments:
I love it! That looks so nice! I love the feeling of cleaning something out or reorganizing. Can't wait to see it in person!
Great job babe! You should post the picture of the counter during the process. Ha! Love ya!
That looks awesome!! I love Jeff's comment. And I thought including scripture was hilarious. :)
looks great! guess it's my turn...
Looks good! You need to do an update/accountability post in a couple months to make sure it stays like this! :)
It looks really good, I was impressed! :)
That's SOOO GREAT! I LOVE it especially since I could do it since that's the lay out of my pantry! Only WHERE did you put everything????
You are so hilarious. I love it! Good job.
I love organizing things! Looks like a fun project and it turned out so great, even better that you had a little helper!
Post a Comment