April 08, 2011

Really?! A New Post?

Yes, a new post.
Here it goes.

Alright those 2 sentences have been sitting there for 7 hours.  Goodness gracious.  I don't know if this blogging stuff is my thing anymore.  I'm going to try though.  Really, I am going to try.  The memories written down are so fun to look back on.  So...

Yes, a new post.
Here it goes.

We left off, holy cow a month ago.  Let's get caught up.  Most of March was spent enjoying track break!  The weather was stinky for most of it but we tried to make the best of it and enjoyed a day at Bounce with some friends, a few hours at JumpTime with other friends and a theme day (Bugs).  I had another theme day planned but the weather turned b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l so we spend it soaking up the sun at some parks and never got around to it. 




We also did a few crafts on those rainy days.  Here's one of them.  Little bunnies made from old socks.



During the 2 nice days we did have, B finally mastered riding his bike without training wheels.  He pretty much had it at the end of last summer but the confidence wasn't there.  Now he takes off with speed and is SO proud of himself.  It's pretty cute. 


....................................................................................................................................................................


That picture was taken 2 weeks ago at the 12 week mark.  I have been feeling quit huge and really believing that it is true that you show quicker with each pregnancy.   I was thinking that I wasn't even showing with B at 12 weeks (with M I know I wasn't showing.  I didn't show with her until closer to 20 weeks.  But that was a first pregnancy so we won't talk about that:).  But, I looked back on pictures of my pregnancy with B and I was showing.  Not quite as much but there was still a little bump there with him.  

It has also been said that you will feel the baby sooner with each pregnancy.  I remember I was 18 weeks with M, don't remember what I was with B but I am 100% positive that at almost 14 weeks I have felt little flutters of this baby squirming around in my belly.  I was even more certain about it when our OB found it's little heartbeat this week in the exact area I have been feeling flutters.   

I get asked quite often whether I think it's a boy or girl.  With the other two, I was pretty certain what they were from the get go.  With this one, I am not so sure.  I always thought (years before we got pregnant) that if we were to have anymore kids that we would have a boy.  Don't know why, I just always thought that. Now that we are pregnant I have been thinking this one is another girl.  But, then I don't know if I am just thinking that because that is what the kids want.   Doesn't matter to me either way honestly.  On May 12th we will find out for sure. 

...................................................................................................................................................................


This week this little miss turned 8!  8!  I can hardly believe that it was 8 years ago that she was born.  Crazy.   I've put together a little picture timeline from her newborn stage through year 7.

(click on any of the images to enlarge)

Man, she's growin' up.

I don't have any medical stats on her yet.  She didn't go in for her well check until June last year (made the mistake of calling for an appointment too late).  Our pediatrician is keeping an eye on her growth because she was starting to fall from her already low point on the growth chart.  So, I wanted to make sure we went closer to the year mark to give her all the extra months I could to get some growth in before they measure her again.   She's finally pretty much outgrown 5T clothes so we are hoping to see positive results at the doctors too.

Darn it, all those pictures are looking pretty dull and blurry.  Jeff recently "rebuilt" the computer so everything had to be reloaded.  That being said all the defaults I had made in Photoshop were gone and I accidently edited and saved all those pictures under the wrong format.  I am too lazy to go back and redo them so they are just going to have to be dull and blurry.

OK, I think that is it in a nutshell. 



8 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one slacking on blogging :).
I'm glad you've had a month full of so much fun stuff.
Bike riding, playdates, birthdays, baby flutters and heartbeats ... that's a whole lotta happy!
I hope April is just as nice.

amanda said...

Funny I think this is a lot of what we chatted about yesterday! Since you weren't posting I just resorted to calling, which I should do more often.
2 more days and I'll also have an 8 year old! Crazy!! I love the photo time line, man how fast they grow.
Way to go B!
And I wonder how I'll find out what you're having ... through my sister on FB. :D

Jen said...

i still can't believe you are pregnant!

Melissa said...

What a great update!
Really don't give up on the blogging, I wish I was blogging when I had little babies there is so much to share! Looks like you are all doing well, Ryan might be learning without training wells this weekend we will see how it goes. Love the bunnies too!

Christy said...

I have a hard time coming up with stuff to blog about too. Sometimes I wonder if people really care lol. I am so glad you do though because I kinda miss seeing you every day. :)

I can't believe Maddy is 8. I was eight when we moved to Idaho. I am excited to hear what you guys are having.

Jodi said...

I haven't been blogging either, but hope to get back in routine!
Sounds like a great month.
Missed seeing you last week when I was in Boise.

Kimberly said...

Those bunnies are so adorable!

Out of all the pictures of Maddy, I really love the one with pigtails. :) She sure is cute!

Glad you are blogging again.

chrisanna said...

Great post. Good to hear from you again in blogland. I love your baby belly and cannot wait until you find out if its a little boy or girl!