We were thinking the splint from the ER was only going to be on for 5 days, 14 days later and he is finally casted. The splint was hard plaster but the cast just seems to protect better. That and it doesn't go over his elbow like the splint did. His arm is pretty stiff and a little painful to straighen but I am sure it won't take long for that to work itself out. I was able to wash off his stinky little arm before they casted it which was nice. I know that stinkiness will be back soon but we will enjoy the few hours of it's absence. He put a waterproof cast on so bath time is going to be a lot easier, which is a blessing. Although Bryson says he still wants it covered for baths. He's afraid of getting it wet. Another blessing, the 2 weeks in the splint counted for healing time so it will be xrayed again in 3 weeks and the cast will hopefully come off at that point. Lots of little blessings today considering the circumstance.
The doc had to push pretty hard on his arm to mold the cast which was of course a little painful for Bryson and left him with a sore arm this afternoon but nothing a little Motrin can't fix :)


4 comments:
That's one cool cast! (and one cool shirt!)
I like that green!
Wishing B a quick 3 weeks ... wait by then I'll have a 5 year old, is that possible?
Glad it's only 3 weeks! That will be nice. Your pictures from labor day are great. Looks like you had a great time. Did B and M like being in the wedding?
The countdown is on and hopefully it will be off before you know it.
That is one tough little boy!
Post a Comment