Pegged pants. Scrunched socks. Scrunched socks doubled, alternating colors. Scrunched socks doubled, alternating colors with pegged pants (stop laughing, you did it too!). Using a paper clip as a retainer. Crimped hair. Jelly bracelets. Jelly shoes. Sticker books. Big bangs. Garbage Pail Kids trading cards. And today, silly bandz.
We had never ever heard of them until this summer when our Aunt Brenda brought some for the kids. Little did we know that they are the new fad. It's not uncommon to see kids arms covered in these things. Maddy and Bryson have their fair share. Maddy has probably at one point had enough to adorn each arm completely. She likes to just give them away instead of the popular trade method. Fads are funny. It's usually the simplest thing. Like those little jibbet things for crocs. It's the things that make you go "why didn't I think of that!"
Oh and one more thing on silly bandz. Target has Garbage Pail Kid ones.
Onto other funny things. Maddy came home the other day from school with news that a boy told her he has a crush on her. I know the little guy. He was in Maddy's class last year. He's a cute kid. Very nice. His family seems nice. The next day as we were walking up to her class before school started she was bombarded with little girls telling her that this little guy liked her. It was pretty funny. Just made me laugh but really, we need to wait about 10 more years before we are dealing with this! I do remember my first "crush". Ironically enough, it was in the second grade.

4 comments:
Those things are crazy popular! I liked all the flashbacks to what we used to do!
I will have to ask Maddy Lou about her boyfriend.
Oh yes, pegged stone washed pants were the coolest!
It's so funny remembering that stuff!
Garbage pail kids, those were so gross! They have them in silly bandz now, I've gotta see that!!
Oh Maddy. I just heard her singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song at the birthday party last week, have the kids started singing it about her and her crush?
Where's a good place to get some silly bandz? I want to surprise my girls!
Post a Comment