April 20, 2010

Move On Over Mom

I was in the bathroom Sunday morning, getting ready for church when Maddy comes trotting in. Caboodle in hand (remember those?!) which she bought with some birthday money, she set up camp. I just had to laugh as my mind fast forwarded about 10 years. Yikes, to think she will be well into the teenage years by then. She probably won't want to be in the same bathroom as me while we get ready so I moved on over and let her put on her lip gloss, light pink eye shadow and mascara, cherishing the moment.

Lip gloss is about all she is allowed to put on when we are going out but I just couldn't resist this cute face when she came in to be with me that morning. So she got to do it all.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cute girl! I agree with you -- we have to take advantage of these times before they slip away.

amanda said...

What a doll! I'm not ready for make-up, boyfriends, cell phones, drama, but a little lip gloss I can totally handle and wanting to get ready with me ... priceless. Abigail told me the other day she had 12 lip glosses in her purse. A girl can never have too many!

Alisha Beverly said...

I totally had a caboodle for YEARS! How fun!

Kelly said...

Oh you are in for it in a few years! I can imagine the battles now! :)