A fear of birds. A true fear of mine. I have my reasons as to why but seeing that I am about to loose my breakfast just thinking about it I have to make this post quick. I have to share this story though because I know it will make some of you laugh. It makes me want to barf.
Ok, here it goes. The other day Kelly brought the crew over. Normal Tuesday, so she could go work in Garrett's classroom. They were all outside playing happily when Graham comes in insisting that Kelly go outside. He kept pointing over in the yard where the swing set used to be so she thought he just wanted to be pushed on the swing. I told her we had moved the swing set to the other side of the yard so she headed out to see what the deal was. And this is what she saw: (Brace yourself)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Are you (sorry mom) freakin' kidding me?!? I totally freaked out and quickly scooped the kids into the house. Disinfecting all of them. While I was inside barfing and freaking, Kelly looked at it more closely and discovered it was fake and after taking a picture and zooming in on it, we discovered yes indeed it was.
Barf. The kids weren't allowed out in the back the rest of the day. Not until Jeff came home and disposed of the fat, rubber ducky. Barf. It's sitting in our trash can now. Trash day (tomorrow) could not come quick enough this week. Barf. Barf. Barf.
I don't like birds or any fowl for that matter. I have ornithophobia and that is part of the reason why. Barf.
5 comments:
Kinda funny! You wouldn't fair too well here at our house. We have all kinds of fake and real bird parts. I guess my duck posts make you want to barf.
So, where did it come from?
The freaking out that has occured over this has been great entertainment for me. Except that you made Graham cry while we were there and then Carson at bedtime. That wasn't funny. But the fact that you thought it was fowlophobia or that it's still missing it's head or just about a million other things makes me laugh hysterically!
Ah-ha ... we know your weak spot ... bring on the decoys ;).
Who would put that in your yard? Don't feel bad -- Angela is scared of birds too. :) (I just "outed" you Ang!)
That is so funny! I would love to know how this all started and what do you think they are going to do to you? Do you eat chicken or does that gross you out too?
Post a Comment