November 20, 2010

Celebrating

How can it be that our baby is turning 5?!  Seems like just yesterday we were deep cleaning the house, preparing for a newborn to arrive and getting Maddy ready to spend what ended up being close to a week at Aunt Kelly's.  I blink and here is this adorable, adventurous little boy.  A little boy who loves Ninjas, Batman, sports, climbing, running, jumping, going 100% full speed all the time.  A little boy whose favorite food is pasta, favorite drinks are "space juice" (Tang) and water and favorite snack is crackers (of any sort).   A little boy who loves to play video games and watch Star Wars cartoons on TV.  Man, I love this little boy.  What a true blessing it is to be able to call him my son. 

We went real low-key this year as far as the party went.  We just had family over for a casual lunch of Sloppy Joes, veggies and chips.  Bryson doesn't like cake and his favorite dessert is brownies so that is what we had.  Note to self: next time Kelly offers to make brownies.  Let her.  I apparently need to add brownies to the lists of foods I can't make.   Thankfully I had gotten some ice cream too, even though Bryson doesn't like ice cream.  So, it was rock hard brownies and ice cream for dessert. 


A few weeks ago, I took Bryson to the party store to pick out what "theme" he wanted his party to be.  He walked up and down the isles and nothing was standing out to him.  Except one little piece of one little theme.  And, it was those dog tags.  He wanted them SO bad.  So, we got them.  He has waited so patiently to get his "necklace" and hand them out to his cousins.  It was the first thing he asked for this morning and he hasn't taken it off since.   Oh and we never did find a "theme".  We ended up just using the colors green, orange and blue to decorate.  


Maddy made him a really sweet card that she read to him as he opened his gift from her.  



Happy 5th Birthday Bryson!  We love you to the moon and back!


4 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Happy Birthday Bryson! It sounds like a wonderful day celebrating you!! And I heard you got a little snow too ;). Fun, fuN!

amanda said...

Happy 5th Birthday B! Do you feel bigger, older?

I found Ash crying in her bed the other day because she missed being four. Crazy huh!

Enjoy your day!

Kimberly said...

I can't believe you'll have both kids in school next year. Time has flown!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! I'm so thankful we were able to celebrate you before we left! The dog tags were a hit and the brownies weren't a big deal. Your mom did a great job celebrating her baby, didn't she? You're going to have fun being five! Let's try to get to six without a trip to the ER okay? :)