November 02, 2010

A Weekend Filled With Fun

We began our weekend with a little Halloween photo shoot (see post below).  We almost didn't do this shoot.  Wasn't sure if we were going to have nice enough weather and we had just taken family pictures the weekend before so we were kinda "photo shooted out".  But,  the kids pictures in their costumes are always some of my favorite from the year and seeing that I actually put some handmade love into their costumes this year I thought I better go ahead and do it.  They make great fall decor the following year too.  I am glad we decided to and were able to take their pictures.

Saturday we headed over to my sisters house for a fun Halloween party.  I always love getting together with this group of kids and their moms and dads.  Fun is always guaranteed!  Thanks Mike and Kelly for hosting a fun afternoon!
Kim and the girls came over after the party to carve pumpkins.  We were a little disappointed to find that our big carving pumpkin had become rotten and the smaller one Maddy decided to carve was also rotted.  So, no pumpkin seeds for us this year :(   Really, it was alright though because I honestly wasn't in the mood to mess with them.  I also wasn't in the mood to try real hard to get a "non blurry" pumpkin picture.  So, this is what we got:
(Kylee, Maleigha, Bryson, Maddy)

Sunday was the big day.  After church and some quiet time we headed back up to church for trunk or treat.  The kids had a blast!  On the way home B said "I love trunk or treating!!  I am going to save my candy forever".   Which, much to my surprise, they haven't really asked for much of it.  I have probably eaten more than them :)  shhh....
No pictures from Trunk or Treat.  I don't even attempt to get any there.  Just love enjoying every minute with the kids without the camera. 

3 comments:

amanda said...

So glad I was able to see you guys this weekend! It's fun seeing the kids dressed up. Will you email the the pic of all of them?

... um, hello, when are you going to post the family pictures?

andrea said...

Umm...you should know me better than that!! You don't get to see the family pics until you get a Christmas card!! (but I do promise I will mail yours to the right address this year) :)

Kimberly said...

I'm glad we got to see you guys at Trunk or Treat! You did great on the costumes. :)