Over the past 6 months or so, Bryson has become very fond of the game Memory. Like, we play it at least 3 or 4 times. Every day. Most days it's more like 6 or 7 times. We've even made our own version using letters to play during his school time. He loves the game and he is actually really good at it.
Setting up the game is half the fun. It's never in a perfect grid of course. It's usually a circle or one big line or no pattern whatsoever. The other day he outlined the coffee table. A few days later it was all shoved against the wall. And, that is how we played.
During the game I love to watch how he collects all his matches. They pile up in his hand where he holds on tight to them. It makes me laugh.
When the game is over we have to set our match piles down and see who has the biggest pile to determine the winner. 9 times out of 10, it's him. Really. Even if I try to beat him, I can't. He thinks it's funny.
We have 2 sets of cards we call "cheater cards". The Belle match is a little bent too and almost ready to join the cheater pile. Santa may need to bring a new "copy" of Memory to our house this year. (blurry pic but I am too lazy to retake it)
These are his favorite to find although Peter Pan is his all time favorite match. He goes as far as trading you a match if you happen to get Peter Pan.
Playing Memory. Just one of those everyday things in our life right now I don't want to forget.







6 comments:
Glad you made a photo memory of that....nice job!!!
There's a Toy Story version I think Santa's going to bring Graham. We'll get it for B for Christmas too! :)
Great pictures! I love the one of him clutching them in his fist! They look like they're going to burst out!
I loved this post. It's a perfect way to capture a memory!
Thanks again for taking our pics! You do awesome work!
I loved this post. It's a perfect way to capture a memory!
Thanks again for taking our pics! You do awesome work!
These are the moments where I wish I'd had a digital camera and a blog when my girls were little. To record those things. Ahh well - we do have some video and some not-so-great pictures. :) Better than our parents had, I guess!
We still have our Memory game. It was a favorite of Kayla's too. :) And yes - she usually beat me as well.
What a sweet post. I love all the pictures ... first a post, next a scrapbook page ;).
Post a Comment