I am the type of person that tends to let circumstances get to me. I get stressed easily. Usually over pretty dumb stuff. Things I usually look back on and think "why in the world did I get so worked up about that?!" The Lord is ALWAYS faithful to keep His promise of hope and doing what's best so I don't understand myself when I worry about things. Has He ever failed me? No. Will He ever fail me? No. Is He in control of my life? Yes. Then really, what is there to worry about? This is not a good trait to have. One the Lord is working on with me. A lot so far this year actually. I have failed Him many times but am thankful He is there to pick me up and help me out yet again. One thing He taught me in my devotions last week was "Be content IN the circumstance, not when it changes". Learn to be content ALWAYS, not only when "things are good". And, be thankful in all things. I am learning that all the trials and circumstances we face are for a reason. I may not like it now but He sees the future and I don't so I HAVE TO trust Him.
Anyways, all that to say- in helping me renew my mind today, I wanted to make a list of some positives in my life right now.
- My relationship with Christ
- Christ's peace that passes understanding
- Health of my family
- Track break!!
- Friends that know to pray for me even before I ask
- Springtime weather
- New flowers budding
- The sun shinning
- My family
- A loving, supportive husband
There. I feel so much better just sitting down and typing all that out! Now on to enjoy this day the Lord has made!!
5 comments:
Wow, I needed to read this! I had two discouraging things happen this morning (neither of which I had/have any control over) and was feeling really blue. Thanks for the reminder that we have God who loves us!
I can really relate to your thoughts and post, Andrea. I had no idea you were like that - I am too. We have an issue going on right now that is literally making me sick to my stomach - and yet like you said - God has never let me down and I know there is a reason for God is always faithful.
Always a good reminder, something I need to remind myself quite often too. Thanks for being so honest and sharing with us.
What a nice post :).
God has really worked on me and my faith the last 5 years. He has brought me to the point where I know what it means to say, "Jesus bring the rain." That's not just saying I'll follow you in the hard times, its asking for those hard times to come if that's what it takes to praise Him. Having true Joy in the midst of heartache.
I'm glad you're reveling in His promises and you are seeing His hand in your life!
Happy Week ahead ... I hope Bryson does well with recovery, we'll be praying for him.
One of my favorite verses, 2 Cor 5:7 We live by faith not by sight. We don't live by the circumstances, the sight, but instead we need to live by faith, the promises the Lord has given us.
I feel uplifted by the truths you've shared. Thanks!
Post a Comment