October 19, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch and Giving Thanks

Last Friday we were finally able to make our annual trip out to the pumpkin patch. 

We usually go on a Saturday morning but decided to do something different and go in the evening this year.  We got out to the farm a little later than we had planned but still had plenty of time to go on a hay ride, pick out pumpkins and of course get some delicious donuts on the way out.  That's all the festivities we usually participate in.  The only thing that would have been nice is to have a little more daylight for some pictures.  The kids didn't mind that my photo opps were cut short though :) 

We gathered handfuls of pumpkins which now make our porch look festive.  Minus 2 pumpkins which have been painted and are sitting on the kids nightstands.  Sometime next week we'll carve the big pumpkin.  We decided to only get one big one this year (and the rule for the kids is that they have to be able to carry the one they pick out to paint).   The kids always lose interest in the carving once the "guts" are out and it's Jeff and I left at the table for hours carving pumpkins. 

We always love the trip out to the pumpkin patch and especially loved that Jeff's parents were in town and were able to join us this year.  We had so much fun.

***
Here is my other fall project I have been talking about.  Chrisanna and her sisters actually get credit for the design.  They got the idea from Pottery Barn and created their own a few years ago.  I've always loved it and Chrisanna graciously allowed me to borrow the patterns they created to make my own.
You can click on the image to enlarge but it's all made out of felt and hand stitched with embroidery thread.  It was fun to create.  Thanks Chrisanna (and sisters :D) for loaning me your patterns!  It's going to go perfect with my next project in mind that I snagged for a buck a few Fridays ago.

7 comments:

Dionna said...

Looks great, Andrea! And I love your nighttime picture of Linder Farms. :)

Christy said...

That looks so good! You did a really good job. We went to linder farms in the evening too, so our pictures are darker. I thought yours turned out great.

Kimberly said...

Nice to see you posting again! :)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I love it ... great work!!
And happy pics from the pumpkin farm :)

I can not believe how fast October is flying by ... sadly I know November and December will go even faster.

summer said...

That looks great! I love seeing how you decorate your house it gives me ideas for mine! :)

Amanda said...

We went to the PP in the evening too. I loved watching the sunset while we were out there.

I love the banner, too cute! I can't wait to see your next project, that will be great.

Amanda said...

Just in-case you forgot ... you haven't blogged in awhile, like in 9 days!