October 28, 2010

Third Time Was a Charm

The magic wand is all glittered and spring shoes have been repurposed into Tinkerbell shoes.  Peter Pan's belt has been made and fitted just right and so has the hat.   The little details are finally complete. The cutest little Tinkerbell and Peter Pan you will ever see are ready for the big day!

We had a hard time figuring out what to be for Halloween this year.  The costumes in the stores were less than appealing and way too expensive.   We finally came up with Tinkerbell and Peter Pan and then I got some crazy idea to make the costumes.  Ok, really it was quite fun.   The kids love them and I think they love that I made them.  The process was time consuming but pretty easy.  I found a fun blog and fantastic tutorial for both so it made it real simple (makeit-loveit.com).  The hardest part of Tinkerbell was the bodysuit but only because the swimsuit I used to make a pattern was apparently too small.  Oh and the second one I made got a run in the material and it was noticeable .  So, by the third time it was a charm.  The hardest part of Peter Pan was the darn hat.  I totally had to guess on the size because somehow by the time I measured his head and then completed the hat, the measurements didn't match up.  It happened twice.  So the third time I just guessed.   Never underestimate the size of my little man's head.  Third time was a charm though and now it fits just right. 

Neither one of them are perfect.  You can probably tell I don't sew much.  I am just happy, however, that you can tell they are Tinkerbell and Peter Pan.  At least I think you can...

So after all this talk I bet you thought you were going to get to see pictures huh?  Sorry to disappoint but there aren't any pictures yet.  We are hoping to take them tomorrow if the weather allows.  I will try to post them tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Can't wait to see them ...
I have to finish up E's tomorrow ... nothing like the last minute. The poor cobbler's son has no shoes ... ;).

amanda said...

Andrea T - your comment made me chuckle, haha.

I'm so excited to see them. I don't think I have enough courage to make costumes yet and probably by the time I do they'll be teenagers and done dressing up.

We're going out today to take pictures, it looks pretty nice out there!

See you tomorrow!