This is my favorite time of year. Love the cool air (when we have it), the smells, the changing leaves, anticipation of the holidays, the fact that Bath and Body has their holiday fragrances out. Sorry, just went there today and was excited. Hooray for twisted peppermint and vanilla bean noel!. Anyways, I just love this time of year. And, for some reason, this time of year makes me want to craft. I really got "the itch" this year. I have a little list of crafts I want to do.
That little, ok...not so little wreath on our front door is one of the crafts I've done. Chrisanna and I were at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and saw some lovely colors of burlap but really didn't know what you could do with it. Well, a few days later I saw that Andrea had put a link on my sisters facebook page to that wreath that's in the above picture. I was happy. (BTW, burlap is a $1/yd cheaper at Joann's than Hobby Lobby). It was super simple (and cheap) to make. Here a link to the tutorial. (wreath) I've always wanted a giant wreath for my front door so mine is slightly larger than the tutorial suggested and I also used a straw wreath instead of a foam wreath.
Another craft I took on this year was making the kids Halloween costumes. It was fun and they actually came out pretty cute. At least you can tell what they are. I will show pictures of those after I take the kids out on their annual Halloween costume photoshoot. The final fall project I've been working on is a Thanksgiving banner. That is almost done and I will also show that when it's finished.
Well, as you can see by all the pumpkins on our little porch, we were finally able to visit the pumpkin patch. That's always so much fun. And yes, as you guessed, I will post pics from that adventure soon.

4 comments:
Ahhh, yes ... I too am looking forward to fall ... I just don't think I can say it's hear yet when I can still go run in my shorts and tanks ;).
Your wreath turned out great and I love the addition of pumpkins and hay to your front entry :).
I just noticed that the farmer's market across from our house has pumpkins, hay AND cornstalks ... Hmmm.
Can't wait to see what else you craft, be sure to share :).
So cute! I love the fall too! Your decor is so great!
Looks cute! Very festive!
I love your front porch! And a red door! I have one too but the screen just doesn't give it that great effect anymore.
I can't wait to see your other pictures.
Post a Comment