Well, there are Bryson's pretty breaks. The ulna (the bone to your right) was the obvious worse break. That line going across the radius (the bone to your left) is the buckle fracture. I took him into the Orthopedic doc today. New (post reduction) xrays show that his arm was perfectly realigned and splinted. That was such great news! When Bryson saw the new xrays, he said "look, my bones are straight!!". Not a good thing that a 4 year old has to say that but, I was proud of my little guy for being able to see that difference on an xray. Maybe I'm passing on my love for radiography to him :) The doc said he has a 2 week period from the injury date to manipulate the bones if needed. Seeing that the arm is splinted and doing so well in the splint, he is going to keep Bryson in that for one more week. Just in case there is shifting of the bones. That way he will more easily be able to realign them if needed. So, next week he will put a cast on. And, another piece of good news. The cast will just go to his elbow, not over it like the splint is. I can just imagine that will be more comfortable for him. Not sure how long the cast will be on. We will find out next week.
No surgery needed, no more realigning (unless something happens within the next week), and a shorter cast than I was expecting. A good ortho visit indeed!

4 comments:
Oh that's great! So glad you got good news today!!
Nice bones, happy that it all went good for you today!
Yea! I'm glad you had some good news in the midst of this un-fun situation!!
good news!
Post a Comment