
...became a child of God!!! We were all sitting on Maddy bed, praying before bedtime. We all went around and prayed and after Bryson prayed his typical list of thank yous (he likes to run through a list of things and events from the day and thank Jesus for them) he says (which he has never said before "and thank you for dying on the cross". He then looks up at me and says "mommy, how come Jesus died on the cross?" I, of course, explained it all. He then tells me he wants to live in heaven with Jesus. We continued to talk about asking Jesus into his heart and he says "well, I want to do that right now". So, we did! Immediately follow our prayer, he changed the subject so I really wanted to make sure he knew what had just happened. So, the next day I sat him down and I asked him to answer my question of "why did Jesus die on the cross?" I then told him that whenever he wanted to he could ask Jesus into his heart. He response "mommy, I already did that! Remember last night while we were on Sissy's bed". Well o.k.! You really did understand what we did.
Oh to hear him explain salvation to me! I have asked him almost ever day since, it is just the sweetest thing and brings such joy to my heart!
The little sweetheart had his 4 year check up last week too. He is an over achiever in weight and height but is right on track with where he's been. 36lbs and 41 1/2" tall puts him in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. Perfectly proportional, as the doctor said! We, unfortunately, didn't walk away with a completely clean bill of health. His poor little foot has been bothering him ever since his cast came off this summer. Our pediatrician would like us to follow up with the Ortho doc that casted him. And, to no surprise, we "get to" pay a visit to the ENT at the end of February. We saw this one coming. So much so that we have already budgeted it in for the year. You know, it's what our kids like to do when they turn 4. Get their tonsils and adenoids out. At least we know what to expect this time around so we can be fully prepared for it!
And, just for my records...
At 4:
- Loves anything Star Wars
- Loves playing the Playstation with Daddy
- Can't get enough of his best buddy and cousin, Carson
- Gets excited about eating carrots which totally makes me laugh
- When he gets mad about a decision we've made he'll say "I don't like your plan!"
- Loves to wrestle
- Can (almost) write his name
- Is still a momma's boy. I think he always will be. Which is totally fine with me!
- Still loves his blankie he's had since birth
- Loves dogs
10 comments:
Congratulations Bryson! I remember the celebrations I had with the girls - two of the most special days of my life. What a privilege that you could be there with him.
Love ya Buddy!
Hopefully this surgery will be a better experience for you. Sounds like he is a sweet little boy, you should be a proud momma!
Yea!!! Congratulations Bryson. I am so happy for you. :)
Praise the Lord! How very exciting!! Really is there anything greater to a mom than helping their children come to know Christ?! I'm so happy for you and B.
Keep us updated on his dr appts, he'll be in my prayers.
P.S. how's Maddy doing with minute math? I've been thinking of her all week.
Oh and I meant to say ... I can bring Jake over anytime to play with B!
yay!!!
Seriously, have you not posted at all this month! What have you been doing??
how did I know that was going to be you Amanda!! I will post tomorrow, promise!
Um, hello it's tomorrow! Just sayin'!!
Post a Comment