having kind feelings toward someone who is hurt or troubled. caring deeply and wanting to help, even if you don't know them. being kind and forgiving to someone who has hurt you.
Yesterday, Maddy was awarded at school for the virtue student of the month. The virtue, compassion. Maddy truly does have a tender heart. A heart that cares for others and desires to help them. Quick to forgive those who have wronged her. She truly has the desire to help the hurt and troubled. A perfect example is how she wanted to help out the victims suffering in Haiti by bringing money to school and supplies to church.
Maddy we are SO very proud of you for the Christ-like example you are at school and how it shined so much, your teacher picked YOU to be awarded for your kind behavior.
During the assembly the students picked from each grade have to go in front of the entire school of peers to get their award from the principal. So, what do we get...this look of course

LOL!
She is so funny! Before the assembly started I went up to her to say hi, give her a hug....she looked over to where I was sitting and spotted Jeff. Her father. Daddy. The other person who wouldn't have missed this for the world. The person who she specifically asked NOT BE THERE! Totally makes me laugh. She gets embarrassed so easily and I guess she figured the less family there, the better :D Anyway, she spotted Jeff and says "UGH! Why is Daddy here?!" Oh Maddy!
The embarrassed looks were quickly turned to smiles as the principal handed her the award.
Congratulations Maddy! Mommy AND DADDY are SO proud of you!
(don't worry, Jeff's not missing from that picture because Maddy didn't want him in it. He had to leave a meeting to be at the assembly so he had to get back to work right after it was finished)
4 comments:
What a wonderful award to receive, I'm sure it made you a very proud momma!
Congrats Maddy! So proud of you for shinning your light at school.
I like Amanda's comment ... I tell Ethan almost every day when I drop him off, to shine his light :).
What fun to share in this little celebration together.
We have great kids! Congratulations Maddy!!
Congratulations Maddy! What a big deal!! I love that they present these at an assembly - great idea...
Post a Comment